- Titanic: The Virtual Experience showcases an unrivalled collection of nearly 400 artifacts recovered directly from the wreck site of the RMS Titanic. Photographed at Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, this 25,000 square foot experience allows you to view full scale room re-creations from Titanic including the famed Grand Staircase and an up.
- The doomed ocean liner Titanic is being celebrated now, a hundred years after its launch from Harland & Wolff, then the largest shipyard in the world, on May 31, 1911. Less than a year later it.
Titanic will founder. Bruce Ismay: But this ship can't sink. Thomas Andrews: She's made of Iron sir! I assure you she can! It is a mathematical certainty.
The Definitive Book on the other Titanic Movies
Cameron’s “Titanic” is in a class by itself, many fine books have been published about it.
Simon Mills’“The Titanic in Pictures” is Everything Else Titanic
1912 Silent film, Saved Fom the Titanic with Dorothy Gibson, 1929 Atlantic, 1943 In Nacht und Eis, 1953 Titanic, 1958 A Night to Remember, 1979 Raise the Titanic and more – including TV movies and documentaries
Highly illustrated with vintage posters, stills, advertisements. Softcover.
Exclusive to the THS Titanic Museum Store.
Cat. List TIP1118 $28.95
These vintage advertising works of art decorated steamer trunks and travel bags on White Star liners bound for Southampton, Cherbourg, Liverpool, Queenstown/Cobh — ports across the broad Atlantic ocean.
Twenty-three professional grade life-size luggage stickers, available only though the Titanic Museum Store, include White Star Line, White Star/Dominion, and Cunard White Star facsimiles. These gorgeous illustrations brim with nostalgia for the White Star glory years of transatlantic travel.
Brilliantly colored, large, life-like, easy to peel off, mounted on convenient sized heavy-duty 8 1/2 x 11 sheets for handling. Strong peel and stick stickers don’t have to be permanent, they can be peeled off and removed if you wish to change them.
Ideal for creating realistic authenticity for Titanic Dinners, a wide variety of art projects, scrapbooking, print and poster decorations, collages, party favors, personalized stationery, giftwrap, even wall décor.
Your special event will be admired and truly unique with these White Star Luggage Stickers.
Exclusive to the THS Titanic Museum Store.
Cat. List LL620 $49.95
The first and original story of the last Olympic Class liner, Britannic.
Hostage to Fortune
by Simon Mills
Published by Wordsmith Publications, UK
Simon Mills’ authoritative book tells how Britannic was a masterpiece of marine technology but was never designed for the stage that sealed her fate.
Eclipsed at birth in life and at her passing by circumstances beyond her control, Britannic was very much a hostage to the events of her time. She would never escape from the shadow of her more notorious sister, Titanic, and the destiny of Great Britain’s largest ship of her era would be played out on an altogether different arena. Nevertheless her story has a powerful drama of its own and it is only now that previous forgotten personal papers and diaries shed a new light on the human story of the last Olympian.
Foreword by Dr. Robert Ballard. Includes a large fold-out rigging plan showing her original design. A longitudinal section deck plans A, B, C, D,E, F, G and tank top. 224 pages. Highly illustrated in color and black and white. Hardcover with dust jacket.
Cat List HTF1218 $49.95 (Special to THS $39.95)
A SET OF TWO EXQUISITELY DETAILED DUTCH TILES:
Titanic on her maiden voyage 11 April 1912 and Olympic on her maiden trip 14 June 1911
Designed by Maritime Artist Stephen Card
- Incredibly beautiful and custom designed for the THS by Maritime Artist Stephen Card.
- These tiles are authentic originals, the real thing, not cheap knockoffs made in other countries.
- The tiles were produced in The Netherlands by The Koninklijke Mosa.
- The Delft Blue decoration was applied and baked into the glaze by T Delftsche Huys in Holland.
- Each tile measures 6X6 inches.
- Each tile comes in an attractive presentation box with a full size photo of the ship on its cover.
- A clear lucite stand and numbered Certificate included.
- Each tile has a unique border decoration depicting tiles on Titanic and Olympic, Oceanic Steam Navigation Co. logo, White Star burgee and early logo design.
Titanic Museum Pigeon Forge
Only 50 sets available
Available only in the THS Museum Store
Certificates are numbered. Sold in a set of two only.
List No. TOT818. $119.95